EXPERT PODCAST PRODUCTION & EDITING SERVICES
Volubility Podcasting provides turnkey podcast production services and podcast editing services for a broad range of clients—from forward thinking individuals and small-businesses to nonprofits and large corporations. It has been proven that a well-produced podcast can help increase brand awareness and drive more sales. Podcast consumption is growing, with Nielsen stating that 40% of U.S. population has listened to a podcast, while 50% of all U.S. homes are podcast fans. There are over 500,000 podcasts on iTunes alone and this number just keeps growing, so producing high quality podcasts is an absolute must.
Highest quality recordings with professional microphones and equipment, plus advanced internet/phone connectivity for interviews.
PODCAST EDITING SERVICES
Fast, seamless editing by our seasoned audio professionals to guarantee optimum podcast flow for your listeners and relief for you and your staff.
PODCAST WEB HOSTING
Enterprise class hosting platform included with your monthly subscription. Automatic posting to popular platforms like iTunes and Stitcher.
Partnership with boutique music libraries to offer best quality music is included with your Complete Podcast Package.
PODCAST COACHING & CONSULTING
Professional voice coaches make you feel comfortable even before you enter the recording booth for the first time.
Podcast script professionals proofread scripts and make suggestions to ensure you're communicating as fluently as possible.
How to set your podcast apart from the competition
Podcast production value is the top way to set you apart from other podcasts. Other podcast production services want you to record your own audio and then send it to them to edit and produce. This process requires you or your company to learn how to record professional podcasts. This is an extremely time consuming and costly process. Crisp pristine audio is the cornerstone to producing a well-listened to podcast and should not be taken lightly.
Professional TURNKEY Podcast Solution
Unlike competitor offerings, Volubility Podcasting's Complete Podcast Package includes everything a company or organization would need to produce a high quality podcast. Every client of Volubility Podcasting is recorded and directed by audio professionals in our acoustically treated environment with professional microphones and equipment. Clients can record podcasts at our studio headquartered in Washington, DC or we can utilize a partner studio location close to their business. Also included are any necessary phone or internet connectivity for recording interviews, professional podcast editing services, show open/close music, and even enterprise-class podcast web hosting and analytics. In addition, we offer a number of a la carte add-on’s to ensure every one of your podcast production service needs are met.
Our comprehensive services make podcasting a lot less overwhelming. So just sit back and relax—and leave the details to us.
PODCAST PRODUCTION RATES
The Complete Podcast Package
Podcast episodes up to 20-minutes in length (includes up to 1 hour of recording time in our studio per episode)
Professional quality phone or internet connections to conduct interviews
Transcript of any interviews for editing
Editing (including removal of bad takes, long pauses and unnecessary expressions like “um, like, you know,” etc.)
1 music track to be used at the beginning and end of every episode (you choose from 3 options)
Internet hosting via our enterprise-class podcast network (including distribution to services such as iTunes and Stitcher)
3-6-12 No Commitment Introductory Plan:
3 episodes within
6 months plus
12 months hosting
Scripted Podcast - $4000
Interview Podcast - $5000
Annual Subscription Plans:
(after 3-6-12 Introductory Plan)
Weekly - $800 per episode
Bi-weekly - $900 per episode
Monthly - $1000 per episode
Weekly - $1100 per episode
Bi-weekly - $1200 per episode
Monthly - $1300 per episode
Other Podcast Production Services
one-on one video chat
make script as speakable as possible
$200 (per episode)
voiceover open and close
same script used on every episode
$1000 one time fee
unique script for each episode
$600 per episode
PODCAST voiceover delivery
$1250 per episode up to 20 minutes
($550 per partial revision before episode goes live)
PODCAST logo design
3 options presented
runtime per episode
idea discussion over video chat
Schedule a Podcast Service
* $100 fee will be charged for cancellations within 24 hours of a scheduled appointment, revisions to any episode will be billed at $200 per round of minor edits.
Volubility Podcasting Production & Editing Services FAQ:
What's the difference between a Scripted and Interview podcast?
There are essentially three types of podcasts and we recommend you pick one for your format.
- Scripted. This involves one or two people speaking on a topic. In this format, people often want to jot down bullet points to use as reminders during their recording with the hope that it will sound more natural. While this method is good practice for public speaking (where you need to make eye contact), it doesn't generally make for good podcasting (where you don’t). We recommend you write down your script and practice it aloud so it sounds as natural as possible when you record.
- Interview. A discussion between a handful of people on a predefined topic. Our studios can comfortably accommodate up to four individuals in the recording booth. We're also capable of recording interviews over the phone and internet. Our technology allows us to record phone calls as high quality as possible, but just keep in mind that while you'll sound pristine on the recording, the interviewee will still sound like he or she is on the phone.
- Episodic radio play. We absolutely adore these but unfortunately are not accepting this type of work at this time.
Can I record my own podcast and use your podcast editing services?
Yes, but we actually have to charge you more for this.
It's become commonplace for people to call us up and ask, “Can you fix this recording?” And our response is always the same: “We can make this better, but you’ll probably still be dissatisfied with the end product.” That’s because it takes us far longer to fix bad audio than to record it properly the first time. And even then it will never sound as good.
We have decades of experience with acoustic spaces and audio technologies to provide you with the very best quality recordings. Plus, when your podcast production doesn’t sound right, you’ll have trouble building a subscriber base because 1) no one wants to listen to bad audio and 2) negative reviews add up quickly. There are way too many good sounding podcasts out there for anyone to waste their time listening to bad sounding ones.
So, why go through all that headache?! Have it done right the first time. Hire us and all you’ll have to do is:
- Show up.
- Smile when your podcast magically appears on the internet!
Can you produce my podcast and I host it (post it to the internet) myself?
Yes, but hosting is included in our Complete Podcast Package and rates are non-negotiable.
How long should my podcast be?
We recommend starting with a 5- to 18-minute range. Most people listen to podcasts during their commute and want something brief and easily digestible. This also takes a lot of pressure off you to maintain interesting content for a prolonged period of time.
How do your Other Podcast Production Services work?
On our Services page, you will see a variety of Other Services we provide in addition to our Complete Podcast Package. They include:
- Additional Interviews. For when you need to schedule multiple interviews at different dates/times for a single podcast episode.
- Voice Coaching. Not everyone is comfortable in front of a microphone the first time they step up to record. That's why Volubility has voiceover coaches available to help you feel at ease before you even enter the recording booth. Coaching sessions are 1-hour long and are conducted over online video chat.
- Proofreading. It's one thing to write a great article or white paper. It's quite another to write a podcast script that's easily spoken and understood. Our script professionals will proofread your scripts and make suggestions to ensure you're communicating as fluently as possible before you record your podcast.
- Voiceover Open and Close. We'll cast a terrific professional voiceover talent to record your podcast intro and signoff to be used on every episode.
- Voiceover Delivery of Entire Podcast. If you don’t want to voice your own podcast, you can certainly hire a professional voiceover artist to do it for you! We'll be happy to cast the talent for you and record your provided script every month.
- Logo Design. This will be a fairly basic logo design with the name of your podcast. Our logo designers will select three different fonts and color schemes for you to choose from.
- Additional 10-minutes. This is only applicable when an episode’s final runtime is longer than the 20-minute maximum runtime allotted for the Complete Podcast Package.
- Development. You probably know your message inside and out. But if at any point you'd like help developing your ideas, we can provide input on your podcast format and messaging approach. Development sessions are billed hourly and are conducted over online video chat.
- Show Notes. One of our professional copywriters will listen to your finished podcast and draft the Show Notes (or blurb) for each episode.
For Additional Interviews, please schedule your appointments through the calendar at the bottom of the Podcast Production Services page.
To request all Other Services, click the Other Services Request Form button, fill out your contact information, select the services you'd like and click Submit. We'll contact you shortly to schedule your appointments.
Do you offer video podcasting services?
Not at this time. And for good reason.
Video opens many cans of worms. All of a sudden, we need to be concerned with cameras, lenses, lighting, backdrops, graphics, codecs, etc. And you'd then need to be concerned with hair, makeup, wardrobe, presentation, etc. The beauty of audio-only podcasts is no one needs to see you! You can wear whatever you want to your recording sessions. (We don’t judge!)
We are audio professionals. We do it fast and we do it well, so that’s the service we stick to.
Podcast Nuts & Bolts
Podcast Billing FAQ
What do I do when I want to create my first podcast episode?
- From the Services page, click the Schedule Now button and select your desired 3-6-12 Introductory Plan (Scripted or Interview).
- Schedule your first recording!
- Enter your name and contact information.
- Accept our Terms & Conditions. Please go over this document carefully before accepting. It reviews in detail how you will be billed every month.
- Before your appointment is confirmed, we will need to have a credit card on file. However, you will not be charged until the time of your first podcast recording (except in the event of an appointment cancellation within 24 hours).
- Click Reserve and you’re all set!
- For faster scheduling of future episodes, create a new user account at this time.
What happens after I record my podcast?
If you're creating an Interview Podcast, a transcript will be generated and submitted to you. Mark up the transcript with anything you'd like to omit and then return it to to us at email@example.com. If you're creating a Scripted Podcast, we'll edit from the script you record from.
From the time you submit your markup, your podcast will be edited to our professional standards within 48 hours, including removal of bad takes, long pauses and unnecessary expressions like “um”, “you know”, etc.
If this is your first episode, we'll send you three appropriate music tracks to select from as your open/close. Any direction for the music you imagine (genre, tempo, etc.) is welcome and encouraged.
Once you inform us of your music selection, we'll send you a link to your completed podcast for approval. If any revisions are necessary, please let us know via email and we'll take care of those for $200/hour (most rounds of simple revisions only take 1 hour).
Upon approval of your podcast, we'll post it online via our enterprise class hosting platform as well as to any third-party distribution hubs you choose such as iTunes or Stitcher.
Why do Interview Podcasts cost more than Scripted Podcasts?
There are two hard cost factors that account for this. First, we need to generate a transcript of any interviews so you can tell us what sections to edit out. And second, as a result of editing interviews from a transcript, the editing process inherently takes longer than editing a scripted recording.
What if I need to schedule multiple interviews for my podcast at different days and times?
On the Services page under Other Services, you'll see the option to schedule Additional Interviews. This link will take you to the bottom of the page where you can schedule an Additional Interview from the list of services. Each scheduled hour of recording Additional Interviews costs $300 and includes a transcript for you to mark up.
What if an episode runs over 20 minutes?
No problem! However, if an episode's final run time is over 20-minutes, it will have taken us longer to edit, so we do have to charge extra for that work. Upon approval of your episode, we'll charge your credit card on file an additional $200 per 10-minutes overage.
If you'd like to stay within the 20-minute time limit budgeted in the Complete Podcast Package, we recommend you rehearse your script aloud and time yourself. Aim for 18-minutes to allow room for error, ad-libbing, and intro/wrap-up.
Can I provide my own music?
No. Volubility Podcasting provides hosting for your podcast, so we assume all responsibility for acquiring music rights. Therefore, we must use music provided by one of our contracted music libraries.
That said, if your company has an original piece of music that's been composed for the purposes of marketing, we'll be happy to use this music if proof of ownership can be provided.
What are the technical specifications for your podcasts?
MP3 mono - 16 bit, 44.1 kHz, 64 kbps.
How does billing work?
All podcasts begin with our 3-6-12 No Commitment Introductory Plan, which includes 3 episodes created within 6 months and includes 12 months of hosting. You'll be billed at the time of your first podcast recording.
If you’d like to cancel after the first 3 episodes, we’ll keep them online for the 12-month term (from the date your first episode is posted online) and then either transfer your RSS feed to a personal account you maintain or terminate the hosting.
If you continue creating podcasts after completing the 3-6-12 Introductory Plan, you select the annual package that best fits your needs. You'll be billed monthly based on the package you choose and any Other Services rendered.
Upon completion of the annual commitment, you may alter the number of episodes you produce for the following year, and we'll adjust your monthly rate accordingly.
What's your subscription cancellation policy?
For our Monthly Podcast Package, we have a No Commitment Cancel Anytime cancellation policy.
If you're unable to fulfill a Complete Podcast Package commitment under one of our discounted plans (Bi-Weekly or Weekly), we'll downgrade you to the next lowest plan and charge accordingly for the difference up to the amount for unproduced episodes.
For example, if you only produce 40 episodes of a Weekly Scripted Podcast (instead of 48) at $800 each, all 37 episodes (beyond the first 3) will then need to be charged the $100 difference. So, your cancellation fee would be $3700.
However, if you produce 46 episodes, then we'll only charge you $1600 ($800 x 2) for the remaining 2 unproduced episodes, instead of the full $4300 ($100 x 43).
Note: Fees charged for Other Services do not count toward fulfillment of a Complete Podcast Package contract.
How many episodes are included with each subscription plan?
Monthly Podcasts require 12 episodes per calendar year. Since we understand everyone gets sick and likes to take holidays off, we built in some flexibility to our more frequent plans. Biweekly Podcasts require 24 episodes per year instead of 26, and Weekly Podcasts only require 48 episodes per calendar year instead of 52.
Any episodes you produce beyond your contract term will be charged at the same per-podcast rate.
And if you produce enough episodes to qualify for the next highest contract tier, we will refund the amount equal to the discounted rate, but only for the additional episodes.
For example, if you sign up for a Monthly Scripted Podcast contract (12 episodes) and produce 24 episodes in a calendar year, all 24 episodes will be charged at the agreed amount of $1000 each, but we will refund you $1200 ($100 x 12) for the additional episodes once you complete the 24th episode. However, if you only produce 23 episodes, you will be charged $1000 per episode as agreed upon in your original contract.
Similarly, if you sign up for Biweekly (24 episodes) and produce 48 episodes in a calendar year, we'll refund $2400 ($100 x 24) upon completion of the 48th episode.
What happens if I skip a month without recording an episode?
We'll still charge your credit card on file for the agreed amount on your scheduled monthly billing date. However, if you produce extra episodes later (within your contract year), we won't charge you for these since you'll have effectively prepaid for them.
What happens if I stop producing podcasts but want to keep previous episodes online?
We are happy to continue hosting your podcast on our network for a fee determined at the time of cancellation (based on monthly download bandwidth). Otherwise we'll transfer your RSS feed to a personal account that you maintain.